You will all the challenges when it comes to name the tradition, best dish of each famous city in Georgia, how and when to approach to the locals, name the best highlights of the region and of course be the wine expert in Georgian style!
English, Russian and other languages on request
12 places in 12 days
Arrival in Tbilisi, transfer to hotel
- Arrive in Tbilisi, meet in the airport and transfer to a hotel
Tour of Tbilisi
- After late breakfast Tbilisi sightseeing tour.
- During the tour we take you to the places that will show you old city. You can take a glance to the history of the city from early centuries by walking in narrow streets of the city and exploring the religious and secular architecture. Here you find different religious buildings – churches, synagogues, mosques, as well as famous 19th century houses with wooden multi-colored balconies.
- Afterwards we drive up to get a panoramic view of the whole city and walk down to the Narikala Fortress (4th century).
- Visiting the sulfur bath district. Then you discover the stunning treasury of the Georgian historical museum, before taking a stroll along Rustaveli Avenue – the main street in Tbilisi.
- Overnight in Tbilisi.
- In the morning we start exploring Kakheti region well known for its wine producing. We enjoy superb views of Great Caucasus Mountains and valleys of Kakheti, acknowledge traditions and culture of the country and region, taste wines and delicious food.
- Visit fortified town of Sighnaghi (18th century). The town preserved its original image and now offers visitors stunning views of the surrounding Caucasus Mountains.
- Then drive to visit a farmer’s house to see a unique 300 year-old wine-cellar. You get acquainted with the Georgian way of wine-making, quite different from the European one and drink typical Georgian wines. Here we’ll have a lunch as well with homemade delicious food.
- Afterwards we visit fortified castle of Gremi (16th century).
- Drive to a local wine factory and try more famous Georgian wines.
- Overnight in Kvareli.
- In the morning we will visit the farmer`s market in Telavi and then Alaverdi Cathedral (11th century), the highest church in the Caucasus for many centuries.
- Then drive to visit a local Duke Alexander Chavchavadze`s estate in Tsinandali with its beautiful garden.
- The park and the house used to be the gathering place of all poets and artists of the 19th century.
- Drive to Tbilisi.
- Overnight in Tbilisi.
Visit to Mtskheta
- In the morning we drive to visit the ancient capital and religious centre of Georgia – Mtskheta and its historic Jvari Monastery (6th century) and Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (11th century) – both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Approach Gori and visit Uplistsikhe Cave Town (1st millennium BC). Uplistsikhe is the place where the Great Silk Road used to pass. This is an old and interesting complex with dwelling quarters, wine-cellars, bakeries, a three-nave basilica church hewn out in rock and even an antic theatre.
- In Gori, in a birthplace of Stalin, we will have a photo stop at his house and museum.
- Continue to Akhaltsikhe – administrative centre of the Javakheti region.
- Overnight in Akhaltsikhe for two nights.
- In the morning we travel to Vardzia.
- On the way stop at the Khertvisi fortress (10th century). The magnificent cave town – Vardzia (12th century) is one of the highlights of the trip. It stretches over half a kilometer along the river Mtkvari and has 19 tiers. There used to be about 3000 caves. It’s got a church hewn out in rock with amazing 12th century frescos. The complex also includes dwellings quarters, small hall-type churches, refectories, wine cellars, pharmacy, etc.
- We return to Akhaltsikhe and visit multicultural complex of Rabat.
- Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Akhaltsikhe.
- In the morning we drive to Imereti province (West Georgia), which is very different from Kartli province (East Georgia) with its cool springs, green fields and beautiful gardens.
- Visit the pretty town of Kutaisi, the second largest in the country (antique town more than 3000 years old) and its historical places: Gelati Cathedral (12th century) which is the UNESCO World heritage site– one of the earliest academies in Europe, and the splendid Bagrati Cathedral (11th century).
- Overnight in Kutaisi for 2 nights.
- Batumi - Georgia`s summer holiday capital. City has sprouted new hotels and attractions like mushrooms in recent years, but it still has much of its charm.
- Strolling along Batum Boulevard, originally laid out in 1884 and now stretching 6km along the coast. With its trees, paths, fountains, cafes, beach bars and some quirky attractions, this is the life and soul of Batumi.
- During the city tour we`ll visit Batumi cathedral - built in Neo-Gothic style, Europe square with Astronomical clock and Medea statue - from the Greek Mythology. Medea was a daughter of Eetes, the king of a legendary kingdom of Colchis (present day western Georgia). Visit Piazza Square, one of the most beautiful squares in whole Georgia, distinguished by its painting, as well as by its exquisite mosaics and stained glass windows.
- Piazza Square has already become the venue of numerous entertaining and cultural events.
- Visiting Botanical Garden of Batumi will be another experience of the trip.
- Found in 1912, this garden contains more than 5000 kind of plants from all over the world.
- Drive back to Kutaisi.
- In the morning we drive up the famous Georgian Military Highway (leading to the Georgian-Russian border).
- On the way visit Ananuri architectural complex (17th century), the two churches and the fortress overlook the Zhinvali water reservoir. The carvings on the churches are one of the best samples of the Georgian art.
- The drive is very scenic through high Caucasus Mountains.
- Overnight in Stepantsminda for 2 nights.
- We will walk up (2 hours) through beautiful valleys and woodland to Gergeti Trinity Church located at 2175m. Weather permitting you may catch a glimpse of one of the highest glaciers in the Caucasus – Mt Kazbegi (5047m).
- Upon arrival back in the town of Stepantsminda drive along the beautiful Darjali gorge (leading to the Russian border).
- We’ll continue walking to visit Gveleti waterfalls.
- Then we drive back to Stepantsminda.
- In the morning drive to Tbilisi.
- Free time.
-Overnight in Tbilisi.
Check out at 12
Transfer to airport
- All Meals mentioned
- All ground transportation
- All accomodation
- Tickets to mentioned places
Inquire about tour